We require skilled Welder/Fabricators who have experience of working to high standards in volume manufacturing, automotive or engineering environments, to work out of Gateshead. You will work a 2-shift system, carrying a 20% shift premium (early and late shift), and must be willing to work overtime, if required.
A starting salary of £24,750 is available with reviews every 6 months that should lead up to £27,257 after three years. Ideally, you will be an apprentice qualified Welder/Fabricator. However, it is not essential if sufficient experience and skill can be demonstrated.
The role responsibilities:
- Welding with MIG bare wire process
- Working with and understanding technical drawings
- Fabricate and manufacture metal parts for later assembly
- Produce strong, clean welds
- Test output to ensure strength and tolerance of welds
The person we’re looking for:
- Ideally, a time served metal worker (Welding, Plating, or Sheet Metal Work)
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Able to follow and achieve high standards of Safety and Quality
- A flexible approach and able to work dayshift or a 2-shift pattern
- Available and keen to work overtime when required
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|