We are proudly representing our logistics client in their search for a Transport Planner due to continued growth over the last year. The successful candidate will have advanced Excel skills and be able to cope with working in fast moving and demanding environment.
The role responsibilities:
- Developing potential solutions to problems such as congestion
- Assessing the impact of recent building developments, such as a new housing estate, on transport systems
- Designing research methods and survey techniques
- Modelling traffic flows using mathematical techniques and specialist computer applications
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Preparing reports and publications
- Giving presentations about proposed transportation options
- Acting as an expert witness during public inquiries
- Staying knowledgeable about government transport and planning policy
The person we’re looking for:
- The role would suit someone with experience of planning using large volume data presented in a detailed spreadsheet format
- Must hold strong analytical and evaluation skills (excellent understanding of verbal / numerical reasoning), and a natural focus on attention to detail whilst working to deadlines
- Must also be highly proficient in using advanced Excel spreadsheets, with ability to collate and present complex data (accurately using pivot and look up tables). PC skills are therefore essential.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£25,000 - £32,500|