This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading independent accountancy in their Newcastle office.
As a Tax Compliance Senior, you will be carrying out compliance work on a varied portfolio of client, ensuring their tax compliance needs are met and proactively identifying tax-planning opportunities for them.
You will be joining an expanding business where their people and culture are the heart to what they do. In addition to all the benefits, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
The role responsibilities:
- Entering tax information into the relevant sections of our tax software ready for a review by Tax Compliance Manager.
- Dealing with complex areas within their portfolio, including Profit Sharing, Farmers Averaging Claims, CGT computations, Pension Planning, Loss Relief claims, Foreign Income
- Sending reminders to clients of required / missing information
- Completing electronic submissions of returns to HMRC
- Agreeing HMRC correspondence including statements of account, coding notices and repayment notices to their tax software;
- Using technical tax knowledge to liaise with internal colleagues on matters affecting tax returns and dealing with basic and complex queries from clients
- Reporting any HMRC compliance enquiry notices to the Tax Compliance Manager
- Taking ownership of the tax return portfolio – chasing the relevant internal colleagues and clients to ensure missing information is obtained and all returns in portfolio are submitted to HMRC by the filing deadline
- Providing support and training on tax data entry to Tax Compliance Assistants
- Liaising with HMRC and clients in respect of any discrepancies between our tax software and HMRC correspondence
The Person we’re looking for:
- ATT Qualified
- Experience in working in a similar role
- Be experienced working within a professional Accounting environment
- Have experience using CCH Personal Tax Software (desirable)
- Communicate effectively and be confident when speaking with clients and colleagues (both verbally and in written form)
- Have sufficient IT skills and experience using accounting software
- Be a determined and motivated individual striving to provide an efficient service to all clients
- Be aware of the relevant Accounting Standards and ensure you can comply with their instruction at all times
- Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Salary||£25,000 - £30,000|