We need an Helpdesk/Support Engineer to assist the service desk with 2nd and 3rd level support. Where initial checks and first line support cannot resolve issues, you will help with fault diagnosis, taking full responsibility for incidents where required. You will also provide cover for the 1st line support where required.
The role is also very ‘hands on’ in the office and warehouse, helping to image and build PC’s, test equipment and handle equipment deliveries and returns. This role will also include assisting installation and service engineers in the field where required so a level of travelling will be involved.
This is an ideal opportunity to be part of an exciting growing team, with opportunities to progress
The role responsibilities:
- Taking responsibility for service calls including Saturday Am
- To work closely with all teams specifically service and engineers.
- To take responsibility for customer liaison in open service cases providing a professional image of the company.
- To be aware of all SLA metrics, ensuring we operate within these parameters.
- To monitor the network, diagnosing problems and reporting incidents where required.
- To capture all necessary information and accurately record it in our database.
- To attend customer sites to resolve service issues.
- To build and image PC’s.
- To set up and test equipment.
- To assist installation engineers in the field.
- Driving high satisfaction levels with customers, aiming to restore normal operational service with minimum impact.
- To arrange and oversee company WEEE/Electric Waste collections.
- Testing and troubleshooting faulty equipment
- To liaise with product manufacturers to arrange warranty repairs.
- To assist in stock handling and stock counts.
The person we’re searching for:
- A knowledge of windows and networking
- A good understanding of firewalls, routers, switches
- A good understanding of computer systems and current operating systems is desirable
- Knowledge of anti-virus programs
- Attention to detail is essential in this role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must hold Full UK Driving licence
- You must be solution orientated with a positive and professional outlook
- Outgoing personality is essential
- Ability to work under pressure
- You must have an approachable manner
- Confident, enthusiastic and reliable
- Commitment to take pride in all aspects of the role
- Commitment to assist all areas of the business and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||IT and Digital|
|Salary||£18,000 - £22,000|