Zenith People are working with our client who are recruiting for a Facilities Engineer on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Facilities engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance, improvements and regulatory compliance of the site facilities and equipment.
The role will involve both defining and implementing and engineering maintenance strategy and making improvements whilst supporting the site facility operations, which will also include being hands on at times.
The role responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all site grounds, buildings, utilities (including WFI systems, Refrigeration plant, Boilers, CHP Plant, HVAC.
- Manage and control, sub-contractors
- Review and modify planned maintenance
- To establish and maintain site service contracts with specialised external providers where required.
- To provide technical support and represent the interests of the Engineering Department during validation and project implementation.
- To generate policies, procedures and work instructions for the operation and maintenance of all facilities equipment.
- Manage cost reductions for site facilities
The Person we are looking for:
- An experienced facilities engineer with around 10 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Familiarity with computer maintenance management systems
- Proactive approach to engineering maintenance management.
- Experience investigating performance and quality issues.
- Exposure to Continuous improvement and lean techniques.
- A proactive mind-set with the ability to work effectively within a team
- Positive Attitude
- A strong team player with a flexible and open communication style with the ability to direct and train others.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Methodical approach for problem solving/technical execution
- Assist in the development of projects working with the technical support team to perfect and streamline new and current processes.
- Willingness to learn and use other non-core craft skills associated with running production lines and those needed for both other sections of engineering and new plant and equipment.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation regarding safe working practices.
- Qualification in engineering required – HND desirable
- Desirable – Compex Qualifications
- Desirable – BOAS M
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£47,000 - £55,000|