We are proudly representing a Global volume manufacturing client in their search for a Production Shift Manager. They are looking for the right candidate to join their team on a permanent basis and will be responsible for over 50 direct reports including supervisors and team leaders. If you are looking to join a global employer with an attractive salary, please apply immediately.
The role responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Production Manager on all production matters
- Conducting regular appraisals with supervisors, team leaders and production staff
- Implementation on strategic plans in line with business/production improvements
- Develop, implement, update and maintain systems and procedures
- Consistently monitoring employees development, training, disciplines, illness and overtime
- Manage material flow and planning of production while liaising with other departments
- Work alongside maintenance to maximise machine availability
- Minimise production waste and looking for ways to improve production quality, speed and methods
- Use all resources in the best possible way to continuously improve the production process and quality of products
The person we’re searching for:
- The successful candidate must have a strong character with previous man management experience with a strong work ethic with fresh ideas to improve production.
- Previous experience working in a management role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of applying manufacturing tools and techniques such Lean manufacturing, 5s, Kaizen and Six sigma and SMED
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£35,00 - £40,000|