We’re currently working on behalf of a global manufacturing client in their search for a Senior Capex Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing project management support to Capex Lead in all project administrative activities. If you are looking to join an employer of choice, please get in touch.
The role responsibilities:
- Operational engineering including; review and interpretation of Project requirements; preparation/coordination of project documentation (specifications, analysis, drawings, design calculations, design reports, design plans, procedures, work packages)
- Commercial management of project including; cost control; variation control; invoicing; cash flow projections; financial reporting; import/export issues; risk management
- Assist in the review of contractual requirements, clarification and resolution of ambiguities and dissemination obligations and scope of work to other functional departments
- Assist in progress planning and reporting
- Communication of potential/actual constraints to progress; accurate recording of Supplier caused delay; general concerns regarding QHS&E issues, engineering or other operational issues
- Contribution and participation in the improvement, development and implementation of company quality and management procedures
- Identify, participate, monitor and coordinate activities, equipment and materials associated with Health, Safety and Environmental considerations within the areas of the job holders responsibility
- Assist with the compilation of machine operating procedures for the production operators deployed within manufacturing operations
- Defining, supervising, and documenting testing to support the CAPEX projects
- Generation of specifications and relevant documentation associated with the introduction of new/improved machinery to meet process/design improvements/changes whilst ensuring compliance with the relative legislation i.e. PUWER
- Working with Controls / Procurement teams to define the scope of supply, inspection, testing for new machinery/modification of existing machinery
- Provide occasional assistance with technical support, equipment advice, liaison with both internal and external organisations with respect to product manufacturability, and machine capabilities as requested by the CAPEX Lead
The person we’re searching for:
- Degree qualified, in a relevant engineering discipline
- Qualified to a minimum of APM Project Management or equivalent
- The position calls for broad theoretical and practical knowledge relating to varied aspects of project management, mechanical design and manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in computerised systems, including mathematical/spreadsheet software is necessary (Microsoft Office Word & Excel)
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|