We’re searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure) based in Newcastle, with the opportunity to work from home.
The role responsibilities:
- Developing various infrastructure solutions including Public Cloud mainly Azure as well as datacenter / private cloud to deliver high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions using predominately open source software which deliver value to the customer.
- Providing technical leadership, help and guidance to less experienced members of the team through mentoring, coaching, constructive review and active participation in various technical forums.
- Advising our customers on the latest technologies and methodologies, designing and implementing innovative approaches to their problems using Automation.
- Ensuring software standards are maintained, being able to train and mentor junior staff. Defining processes and procedures to ensure maximum re-use and maintaining standards.
- Understanding security policies and implementing solutions that satisfy the security requirements.
- Designing and implementing solutions which have high availability and are scalable.
- Providing feedback and demonstrating to a wider audience solutions currently being developed and introducing the team to new concepts and products.
- Advise on testing solutions that can be automated to deliver an end to end testing solution for products.
- Advise on monitoring solutions, which can automate error collection and display the results in real time that will improve the customer’s experience
The person we’re searching for:
- 7 years plus experience ideal
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible (preferred)
- Experience with build and provisioning tools, eg. Jenkins (preferred), Terraform (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of Azure
- Experience of Test Driven or Behavior Driven development, and being able to implement automated test solutions
- Experience with Docker container hosting including Kubernetes would be added advantage
- Working knowledge of digital delivery processes and methodologies
- Ability to work with an Agile Team, being able to be self-driven and looking for continuous improvements to both the process and the systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||IT and Digital|