Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers in building services and specialise in all aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering. They are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding team on a permanent basis.
The role responsibilities:
- To meet clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility.
- Calculate material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project time-frame.
- Prepare tender and contract documents.
- Ensure the project is completed within its projected budget.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control during construction.
- Write reports detailing costs and progress for clients.
- Allocate work to subcontractors and oversee their work at all stages of the construction.
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Value completed work, oversee bills and arrange payments.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulation
- Visiting sites across the North-east
The person we are looking for:
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor is essential for this role.
- You will have a degree in quantity surveying or commercial management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Knowledge of building and construction.
- Ability to use your initiative.
- Strong maths skills.
- Full UK Driving license
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.