Zenith People are working with our client who are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Project Engineer with an in depth knowledge/experience in Managing CAPEX Projects. This is a hands-on role with a 50/50 split between Office and Shop Floor.
Reporting into the Project Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will specify and manage both CAPEX and OPEX projects to suit the needs of the business whilst supporting the maintenance, manufacturing, quality and other departments as required. As Project Engineer, you will help support the electrical side of the repair and maintenance of the company’s equipment on site providing first line support for breakdowns, carrying out fault finding and repairs, therefore ensuring that the plant operates effectively. You will also be expected to carry out planned servicing, inspection and installation work when required, whilst supervising subcontractors.
The person we’re looking for:
- Electrical Engineering qualification. (HNC or equivalent).
- PLC knowledge and Control experience.
- Ability to use own initiative to fault find manufacturing equipment faults.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility with working hours is a necessity.
- Experience of preparing contract documentation and administration of contracted works.
- Ability to produce clear, concise technical reports.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to identify problems and come up with innovative, cost-effective solutions in any of the multi-functional aspects of engineering design work.
- Persistent in their approach to problem solving and organisational skills.
- Capacity to manage time and information effectively, ability to prioritise tasks in line with business strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adapt language as appropriate to the situation be open, and non-defensive.
- Capacity to take in other perspectives, to listen, understand and provide constructive feedback after considering all feasible possibilities.
- Be able to get things done and make things happen and thrive on the challenge of achieving results
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary (including civil and mechanical) projects to ensure achievement of goals on time and within budget.
- Ability to learn new skills and undertake training.
- Ability to fault find with laptop diagnostics on PLC’s would be an advantage.
If you are an experienced Electrical Project Engineer and would like to be considered for this role please click apply now.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|