Zenith People have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer to be part of one of the North East’s highest profile manufacturing plants as they expand. Joining their Engineering team the main purpose of the role is to support current production as well as the development and operation their factory. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing marketplace.
Working as part of the core project team, you will be responsible for process and plant equipment, whilst providing support to site functions like production, QA and maintenance.
The role responsibilities:
- Represent the engineering department in all facility aspects from initial project phase to mass production
- Support the development of a manufacturing zone, working within a multi-disciplined team
- Ensure all facilities are safe and legally compliant from design to integration and implementation, attending design reviews and working with equipment suppliers.
- The successful candidates will have a broad-based experience in manufacturing and be able to demonstrate proven skills in the application of engineering.
- The job will involve working as an integral part of a multi-discipline cross functional team and require skills in the following areas:
- Set & Measure facility performance which are class leading, challenging but achievable.
- Agree equipment strategies to ensure OEE is achieved and improved while life cycles are managed and maximized.
- Provide technical support for maintenance to ensure equipment is kept in first class condition
- Knowledge of the latest machine and equipment standards is essential
- Ability to form a refurbishment strategy
- Planning, Schedule Control & Project Management is required
- Procurement of production facilities & processes
- Must always be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain a safe working environment
The person we’re looking for:
- Good inter-communication & report writing skills
- Computer literate, MS project, Excel etc.
- Able to demonstrate a positive and logical attitude
- Good negotiation skills
- Planning, Schedule Control & Project Management
- The capacity to quickly learn and absorb new technologies
- Technical Degree / Certificate or equivalent
- The ability to represent the engineering perspective within a multi-disciplined cross function team and introducing cutting edge manufacturing processes is essential.
- Demonstrate management of contractors, and interfacing with potential equipment suppliers.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally as and when required.
- The desire for personal future growth
- Experience in complex technical manufacturing processes and/or special purpose assembly machines would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in high volume manufacture, clean/dry room experience is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of current legislation of machinery standards
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£40,000 - £45,000|