Zenith People are working with our client who are looking to recruit an experienced Process Engineer on a permanent basis. You will have responsibility for process monitoring and process improvement within our manufacturing departments. They will provide day-to-day process support to ensure product conforms to specification within the required design cycle time
The role responsibilities:
- To liaise with relevant departments on development and implementation of improvements to process.
- Ensure all safety procedures, methods, equipment and practices are adhered to
- Lead and manage various lean manufacturing-related projects
- Understand and comply with all customer specific requirements in relation to process engineering
- Investigate and implement opportunities for improvement in terms of cost reduction and process improvements
- Provide data analysis and data capture in support of process improvements
- Lead cross functional project teams to deliver on objectives
- Provide day to day support for the automated and manual processes including problem solving and fault finding
- Develop and perform experimental process tests with respect to quality, method, cost, etc.
- Create and manage process documentation such as PFMEA, control plans and operating instructions
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and improve performance of processes
The person we’re searching for:
- Educated to degree level, HND with significant experience would be considered
- Relevant experience within manufacturing and automation
- Knowledge of IATF16949:2016
- Previous process engineering experience within automotive manufacturing
- Proven use of Lean Manufacturing methodologies, APQP, Control Plan, PFMEA, C.I. etc.
- Proven project management experience with a focus on capital projects
- Working knowledge of various software programs e.g. CAD, Excel, Microsoft Project; high comfort level using databases and spreadsheets
- Self-motivated/self-directed i.e. able to work independently of others if required, with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving/problem-resolution skills
- Ability to lead project teams in order to deliver on goals and objectives
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000|