Due to the success and ongoing growth of our client, the requirement for a divisional Operations Manager has now arisen.
The Operations Manager will have responsibility, authority and accountability for successful execution of all business operations, project activities across their division, or as delegated by the Operations Director.
The Operations Manager will manage contracts, projects, project staff and/ or subcontractors in a safe and productive manner, deliver framework agreements, projects and project packages on time and in line with all contract specifications. Achieve full client satisfaction, meet all quality and commercial key performance indicators (KPI’s), whilst maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders and colleagues. The holder will also deputise for the Operations Director when necessary.
We are looking for an Operations Manager who is pro-active, strong, and has the attention to detail and tenacity to keep on top of multiple projects (and their Project Managers), to ensure that they are managed to schedule, budget, quality expectations and health & safety in-line with all contractual specifications.
This will be an individual with vast experience in the Home Services industry, and with the drive to ensure that multiple projects achieve full client satisfaction, and meet all quality and commercial key performance indicators, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
The role will be a hybrid role and will based at Head office, and will predominantly be office-based, but with frequent visits to UK-wide sites and projects, clients, subcontractors and off-site meetings. The right person will have a strong character, be highly organised, and have a proven track record in managing people – someone who can really demonstrate and lead excellence in project delivery.
They will have real business, commercial and financial understanding, and be comfortable in deciphering, predicting and communicating detailed financial information. To ensure projects stay on-track, they will not be afraid to challenge, and will pro-actively dig to the root-cause of issues quickly and confidently, to ensure projects stay on-track. They will also be confident in dealing with all levels of management.
- The first and main responsibility of the Operations Manager is to ensure that all staff, all subcontractors and all operational tasks are safety first led, delivering an excellent & safe customer journey across the business.
- The successful applicant will have Health & Safety of all at the forefront of every decision and all operations.
- Manage all operations across their division.
- Liaise with operations to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals for the operational teams.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with customer operations team.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organisational objectives and apply improvements.
- Work closely alongside the Customer Operations Manager to ensure all customer & client expectations are delivered and agreed SLA’s/KPI’s are met.
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability and control costs.
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace.
- Provides advice and guidance to other employees.
- Manages internal and external service suppliers.
- Making sure safety regulations are followed.
- Investigating customer satisfaction and reporting any issues.
- Proven experience of Operations Management/Director or equivalent position.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines in particular plumbing, heating, insulation, and renewables.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills.
- Strong decision making, action planning, and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Competitive Salary.
- Employer contributed pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme with 24-hour hours telephone and online access.
- 30 days annual leave plus additional incentive days (Inc. statutory bank holidays and Christmas and New Year Closure!)
- Recognition benefit scheme.
- GP Access 24/7.
- Company events.
- Company pension.
- Death & Service.
- Length of Service Bonus.
- On-site parking.