Zenith People are working with our client who have an exciting future ahead and are recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager on a permanent basis. We are looking for applicants based in Nottingham to carry out the following tasks:
The role responsibilities:
- Assist the Contracts Managers with the development of project specific Programmes and establish a master resource programme for the branch.
- Ensure the correct resources are available to allow contracts team to deliver their projects on time, to specification and budget.
- Monitor labour, subcontractors, plant and materials to ensure projects are delivered to company standards and not simply the lowest standard accepted by the client.
- Manage and motivate Contracts Managers, supervisors, foreman, site staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure all supervisors and foreman are trained in aspects of health and safety relevant to their job role.
- Ensure that supervisory staff are familiar and have a reasonable understanding of company Health and Safety policies, procedures, safe working practices and risk assessments and are effectively communicated to all site staff and contractors.
- Review safety plan and safe systems of work and ensure implementation on all projects.
- Ensure all work equipment is tested at appropriate intervals and certified as required and registers for plant are kept up to date.
- Positively endorse the H&S culture and values.
- Co-operate openly with any accident/incident investigations and report any accidents/incidents within 24 hours.
- Respond in a timely manner to any branch or site non-compliance.
- Maintain a Branch register and monitoring routine for all plant and branch vehicles.
- Communicate with all suppliers ensuring service levels are maintained and products are being reviewed often.
- Understand and lead in disciplinary procedures as required.
- Attend and contribute at Branch Meetings.
- Recruit, effectively induct and develop site-based staff, including apprentices.
- Actively manage Contracts Operations staff including weekly reporting to the Branch Manager on all operational matters at the Branch meeting.
The person we’re looking for:
- Leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong operational delivery knowledge.
- Effective labour management.
- Knowledge of industry H&S.
- GCSE grade C or above in 4 subjects including Maths and English or a C&G Advanced/Craft certificate and NVQ L2/3, HNC in Construction, or equivalent
- SMSTS Award
- CMI L3 Award, Principles of Management & Leadership
- Pitman Excel – Intermediate User
- CSCS card – Supervisor / Manager / Professionally qualified person
- Completion of iHASCO defined mandatory training module (will be sent prior to start)
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Rate:||£40,000 - £50,000|