Zenith People are working with our client who are looking to recruit an experienced Metrology Engineer on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for investigating and analysing product related issues within the production process and implement solutions. You will also be responsible for measuring and analyzing parts to determine any fit and function issues.
The role responsibilities:
- Interpret technical drawings and CAD data.
- Maintain the metrology equipment on-site
- Ability to use and produce programs for portable CMM Arms and non-contact scanning systems for the measurement of the parts.
- Be able to interpret and deviations from the design specification.
- Interface between design and SQA.
- Produce measurement reports.
- Undertake measurement studies and use SPC tools to analyze the data to identify trends and production stability issues.
- Reporting, fault finding and analysis of daily data to ensure we supply parts to customer requirements
- Coordinate gauge R&R and capability studies.
- Ensure a safe working environment and excellent housekeeping standards
- Other duties commensurate to the role.
- Understand tolerance stack up and how to minimize the effects.
- Be able to interpret dimensional drawings and CAD data, including GD&T.
- Educated to at least HND level within a mechanically biased engineering field.
- Understand Gap & Flush principles in a carline environment.
- Proven track record in an automotive environment.
- Working knowledge of various software programs e.g. CAD, Word, Excel & Minitab
- Has experience with metrology software, Polyworks preferable.
- Experience of Faro Arm / MCAX CMM, Non-contact scanning and other measurement methods.
- Self-motivated/self-directed i.e. able to work independently of others if required, with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving/problem-resolution skills
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£30,000 - £35,000|