Zenith People is representing a Northeast manufacturing company on their search for a Management Accountant. The business manufactures high net worth products for the gaming and hospitality sectors in the UK and worldwide. The successful applicant will head up a small team and report directly to the group FD
This is a strategic and analytical role that is paramount in ensuring that the Finance function has full visibility on how the business is operating across all functions.
The role will be providing the business with key financial data which will enable the key stakeholders to be fully informed when making decisions to drive the business forward for growth. Growth strategy is to double turnover in the next 12 months.
Analysis of the data that is being produced is a fundamental part of this role and the Management Accountant will need to fully understand the detail in the data and be able to discuss with Senior Management.
The role responsibilities:
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons to assist business profitability and growth.
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost.
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials.
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions.
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Record financial transactions for project, department, or company.
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process.
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing and report variances and recommendations.
- Produce month end and year end journals.
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts.
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Work closely with procurement on material costs.
- Attend stock counts and report on variances.
- Set and maintain costing methods in ERP system.
- Assist development of finance section of ERP.
- Assist on KPI implementation into the finance function.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly finance KPI information circulated to key stakeholders.
- Document standard operating procedures across finance function.
- Manage credit control function and business banking.
- Submit VAT & PAYE returns.
- Assist in any external required financial reporting.
The Person we’re looking for :
- Knowledge of accounting terms & concepts, understanding of finance regulations & legislation.
- Knowledge of business strategy and methodology.
- Possess critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically, strategically, and methodically.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Thorough understanding of management information systems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- Highly competent, with solid commercial acumen
- Dynamic, committed, and experienced.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000|