We are looking for a Management Accountant in Washington!
This is an excellent opportunity to work for global engineering company as a Cost Accountant/Management Accountant. Working as part of a small team, you will be responsible for reporting valuable management information, analysing and trending margins, costs and overhead spend. In addition, you will proactively leading changes and improvements, and processing month-end, quarter end and year end submissions.
The company offer fantastic working environment, benefit package and development
The role responsibilities:
- Month-end close for location including ownership of various accrual postings.
- Product costing. Standard cost maintenance, Manufacturing variance analysis
- To provide a professional daily, weekly and month end reporting service to both internal and external customers.
- Overhead cost analysis.
- Understanding and ownership of financial statements and reconciliations.
- Working capital management: Fixed assets and inventory.
- Inventory management and controls
- To ensure location assets are safeguarded and have adequate processes in place to support financial reporting.
- To ensure all internal controls including SOX are in place, that they are maintained and updated as necessary to meet company requirements, and to actively participate in internal audit processes.
- To ensure company policies and procedures are implemented.
- Calculating tax, Intrastat returns and yearend tax packs.
- Business partner with market focussed teams to add commercial insight and value.
- To provide information to the Location Controller to ensure effective financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- To actively pursue continuous improvement of the function by embracing the High performance team work culture.
- To help provide support to the Leadership Team to drive forward strategy.
- Deputise for the Location Controller in their absence
The person we’re searching for:
- To have a finance qualification or part qualified working towards completion.
- Previous experience of standard cost accounting within a manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems used by finance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills which allow the job holder to influence and persuade at all levels of the business.
- Familiarity with requirements of the month end closing routines.
- Desire to learn and understand issues, problem solve, be self-motivated and make continuous improvements.
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and international reporting standards.
|Salary||£30,000 - £35,000|