We are working with our national manufacturing client in their search for a Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for reactive and preventative maintenance on a range of production machinery throughout the plant. Our client offer an attractive salary for a day shift role.
The role responsibilities:
- Resolve breakdowns, carryout PM’s and work on project / improvement works with a view to minimizing production downtime
- Actively seek to undertake PMs on offline machinery where time allows
- Fully complete PM sheets with all observations, jobs completed and recommendations and file with the Maintenance Planner, whilst always looking at ways of improving to PMs
- Actively gain as much information as possible from production personnel regarding the fault on the machine to speed up the fault-finding process.
- Lock off any dangerous machinery immediately/ or repair and notify.
- Ensure engineering log and computer systems are fully filled in with all relevant information including PM numbers, all used parts, plant numbers, urgency of required parts, at the end of each shift.
The person we’re searching for:
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent and/or have completed a recognised apprenticeship
- 2+ years’ experience within a similar role ideally gained within a food manufacturing environment.
- Electrically biased
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems experience highly desirable
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£38,000 - £40,000|