Zenith People are working with our client who have an opportunity for an experienced Engineering/Maintenance Manager to join the business on a permanent basis. Working within a Fast-Moving Manufacturing environment, you will be responsible for the Management of the Production/Maintenance functions across the business.
The role responsibilities:
- Management of production engineering team to support the business maintenance of installed equipment
- Implementation of engineering strategy to support the overall business plan
- Planning, maintenance and validation of all production equipment and utility services for manufacturing, device assembly
- Responding appropriately to emergencies and urgent issues as they arise
- Selection, procurement, and control of contract engineering support
- Control of agreed work by staff or contractors, ensuring satisfactory completion and following up on any deficiencies
- Ensuring the equipment meet health and safety requirements from an Engineering perspective including full participation in H & S management activities
- Management of systems and processes providing for security of systems and products
- Support cross functional activities/site development with new processes maintenance recording and implementation
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core business activities
- Using performance management techniques to monitor achievement of service levels
The Person we are looking for:
- HND or higher in a suitable Engineering discipline.
- Line Management experience of leading an engineering team
- Strong understanding of compliance legislation
- Experience of working on High-speed production machinery
- Multi-skilled with preferred experience in a Fast Moving, High-Volume Manufacturing Environment
- Good fault-finding skills, methodical approach for problem solving/technical execution.
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement and Lean Management techniques
- A proactive mind-set with the ability to work effectively within a team and have an understanding how the job role can have a huge impact on the larger business.
- Understanding of DSEAR/ATEX
- A strong team player with a flexible and open communication style
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Assist in the development of projects working with the technical support team to perfect and streamline new and current processes.
- Able to manage and prioritise workload in line with the production plan
- Knowledge of engineering process validation life cycle
If you are an experienced Engineering Manager and would like to be considered for this role and for a full job description, please click apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the role further.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£59,000 - £65,000|