- To provide professional and appropriate advice and support to managers and colleagues in relation to all systems related aspects within the business and accessible by external customers.
- To provide strategic guidance on systems policy and practice in line with business requirements.
- To manage the systems function, ensuring the business obtain best value solutions that are fit for purpose and fulfil the needs of the organisation within agreed budgets.
The role responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive strategic advice to senior management team ensuring IT systems meet business needs.
- To manage systems hardware and infrastructure giving due consideration to any budgetary and time constraints.
- Ensure compliance with quality and industry standards for IT and information security.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of developments in the technology industry and applying that knowledge wherever possible to support constant improvement, and ensuring the business have in place the best possible infrastructure within constraints of resource and budget availability.
- Managing contractual arrangements with IT service providers and partners.
- Coordinating the provision external IT services including the preparation of tender documents and selection of suppliers.
- Planning, developing, and implementing the ICT budget and obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Provide board reports and management information in a timely and concise manner.
- Managing software licensing.
- Project management of new system implementations and assisting other teams in project related activity where required.
Our client has a great culture and support a healthy work life balance. They actively promote a professional, engaging, friendly and supportive environment, with their people and their members at the heart of everything they do. They offer a number of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days + public holidays each year.
- Life assurance four-times basic salary.
- Contribution to one professional membership each year.
- Hospital treatment plan provided through Westfield Health.
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work in learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working supporting work life balance, with a mix of home and office working.
- Salary exchange pension scheme with 4% business contributions.
- Long service awards.
- Salary sacrifice schemes, such as: cycle to work, gym membership and car leasing.
- Health cash plan paid by the business and provided by Westfield Health.
- Colleague events including summer social and Christmas party.
- Employee assistance programme.
The person we’re looking for:
The team is passionate about North East England, their business community, and their members. They work hard to achieve outcomes for their business and their members. Skills and experience are important but what is important above all else is character and willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right person who fits into their beliefs and culture. Some of the other skills and experience that we are looking for include:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft stack technologies including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, SQL, Dynamics CRM, Office365.
- Windows core functionality: DNS, DHCP, Printing.
- Knowledge of managing IP LAN and WAN networks, fundamental networking concepts and managed Wi-Fi implementations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Degree level qualification in IT, or complimentary field, or significant experience in the field of IT Management.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
- Create, maintain, and promote good working relationships.
- Able to achieve deadlines and targets.
- Attention to detail.
- Tactful, discreet, and diplomatic.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||IT and Digital|