Reporting to the IT Manager it will be the role of the Infrastructure Specialist to support and assist with all aspects of IT on Site. The infrastructure Specialist will be required to investigate and fix issues raised by users, troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues to provide a permanent fix. Alongside this they will assist with and support the migration of on-premises servers to Azure cloud services. As part of regular maintenance, you will be required to perform server updates and reboots out of production hours ensuring all IT services are available afterwards.
The role responsibilities:
- Responsible for dealing quickly and effectively with network problems across the plant.
- Provide technical support to all other departments to ensure the production plant operates effectively.
- To be effective in fault finding, including good communications with all teams to help identify quickly and effectively the root cause.
- To maintain the high availability of servers. Ensure all services are operating correctly on servers.
- To maintain stock of printer consumables, re-ordering when necessary to ensure adequate supply is always held.
- To install and configure CCTV cameras as and when required.
- To install and configure switches as and when necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties from time to time as requested by management.
The success of this role is dependent on the Infrastructure Specialist being proactive in establishing opportunities for improvement across site, reporting back to the IT Manager and implementation of solutions as required.
The person we’re looking for:
- Good inter-personal skills
- Willingness to learn new skills with a “can do” attitude
- Willingness and ability to deputise for IT Manager
- Should be willing to be ‘called out’ on occasion to site should the situation arise
- General PC and Server hardware and peripherals
- Installing and terminating Cat 5/6 cables
- Windows 10/11 desktops and laptops
- Microsoft 365
- MS Hyper-V knowledge and experience including SAN’s
- Windows Server 2016/2019
- Windows Active Directory
- Networking, IP Addressing, VLANS
- Cisco LAN Switches
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills in the above environments
- Mitel Telephony (VOIP)
- Veeam backup software
- AS400 knowledge
- Programming skills C#, Python, PHP, HTML, CSS
- Knowledge and skills in T-SQL
- MS SQL Server 2017 administration
- MS Report Server
- MS Integration Services experience
- Competitive Salary / holidays
- Significant Bonus, Private Healthcare and Wellbeing Package
- Death in Service Benefit
- Company Pension
- Extensive Benefits Package
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||IT and Digital|
|Salary||£28,000 - £35,000 DOE|