Our Client is a rapidly growing, super ambitious organisation in the tech-for-good space. We are seeking an experienced Information Security and Data Protection Officer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a close-knit, motivational team in an established global company. You will be responsible for overseeing information security throughout the business, act as their official data protection officer, and work with DevOps and SysOps teams to ensure maximum security of internal and external infrastructure and networks.
The role responsibilities:
- Own, manage and maintain a solid information security posture for the organization
- Design and implement information security procedures which are aligned with ISO27001 and industry best practices
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on client DPIA requirements
- Work with DevOps and SysOps teams to ensure maximum security of internal and external infrastructure and networks
- Plan, implement and monitor internal staff training and awareness related to information security
- Work on our annual Cyber Essentials + accreditation renewals
- Own and author our information security procedures aligned with ISO27001 and industry best practices
- Work with clients to complete their data protection impact assessment (DPIA) requirements
- Good knowledge of ISO27001
- Experience of risk and incident management
- Vendor management experience
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on our penetration testing and OWASP testing.
- Ensure full staff awareness of cyber security
- We’re a global company so knowledge of legislation and information security best practice in our other jurisdictions (namely US and Australia) will be needed.
The person we’re looking for:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a good understanding of GDPR
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills including the ability to deliver training sessions
- Have good influencing skills, and be able to work across all levels within the organization
- Have excellent written skills with experience of writing accessible Policies and Procedures
- Have a good understanding of the IT implications of GDPR, but you do not need to be an IT expert.
- Be able to work on a number of projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing and dynamic business environment
- Self-starter with deep sector expertise and a willingness to get stuck in, making the role your own while keeping us secure.
- 22 Annual days holiday plus bank holidays
- Top-end tech
- On-site parking
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- 10 days workcation
- Social events
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||IT and Digital|