Zenith People are working with our client who are looking to recruit an experience Estimator with proven Manufacturing experience to be responsible for providing commercial support for the business in winning work by accurately estimating.
The role responsibilities:
- Read and understand specifications
- Calculating machining times on various in-house processes, compiling accurate quotations.
- Detailed interrogation of customer drawings, identifying customer requirements from information supplied.
- Build profitable estimates within the company ERP system.
- Building customer relationships by going the extra mile, engineering solutions.
- Working with our preproduction team on bids reviewing machine tolerances and verifying times calculated
- Working with our supply chain team to obtain material and subcontract costs from our network of suppliers.
- Attend site visits and collaborate with client’s team
- Attend site visits with potential suppliers and sub-contractors
- Reviewing sub-contractor submissions ensuring compliance with tender requirements
- Compilation of final tender documentation for director sign off
- Input into the programme highlighting potential lead time issues
- Input into the formal submission of tenders
- Use of MRP/ERP desirable
The person we’re looking for:
- We are looking for a team player to contribute to our success and ambition, who has a time served machining experience, who builds internal relationships with key departments to service client requests in a responsive and proactive manner. You will be working with our experienced commercial and manufacturing teams servicing new market sectors.
- Ideally the successful candidate should come from an engineering background with knowledge of Machining and Pressing/Stamping methods
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a growing business and become a key part of the front-end customer experience.
- You need to be able to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met without compromise on quality, able to work on own initiative, self-motivated and a good team player who can communicate with colleagues and management at all levels.
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- An understanding of 3, 4 and 5 axis Milling and turning processes, including good understanding of process flow, and set up & run times
- An understanding of Pressings/stampings
- Good understanding of materials
- Knowledge of sub-contract processes (heat treatment, gun-drilling, surface coatings etc.) and ability to obtain costings
- Good communication skills to liaise with customers and internal teams
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft package as well as internal MRP systems
- Confident and have the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and work closely with internal colleagues
- Ability to manage their own workload
- Prepared to be flexible in their working pattern to achieve client deadlines
- Successfully managed person/people
- Ability to use CAD models
- Knowledge of manual processes, Milling, Turning and Grinding
- Knowledge of fabrication processes
- The ability to produce written quotations using your knowledge of the above is essential
- Commercial awareness
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£32,000 - £37,000|