We are working with our global manufacturing client in their search for a Electrical Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for reactive and preventative maintenance on a range of production machinery. If you are looking to join a stable and growing business, please get in touch.
The role responsibilities:
- To work safely at all times observing instructions, procedures, permits, safety systems, lock offs, and other protocols applicable.
- To assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements
- To maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- To systematically establish cause of failure in equipment
- To identify root causes wherever possible and to communicate with relevant personnel.
- To work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken
- To communicate all relevant and necessary information with lead technician, maintenance technician, colleagues or others within the organisation.
- To hand over any work which remains incomplete at the end of a shift
- To report any non-conformances as observed
- To seek assistance whenever required or at times of potential conflict (e.g. priorities)
- To record activities as directed
- To refer to records, drawings, manuals, and other material as necessary
- To comply with all company policies and rules
- To work effectively with colleagues and subcontractors
- To perform any other duties as required by The Company
The Person we’re looking for:
- Must be educated to a minimum standard of ONC/OND/HND/HNC/NVQIII or equivalent in Maintenance/Electrical engineering.
Must have experience in;
- Electrical fault finding
- Heavy engineering electrical maintenance or similar
- Installation and fault finding ac/dc motors
- Single and three phase supplies
- Have experience of a wide range of motors and drives / starters
- Have experience of PLC’s and HMIs
- Have experience and suitable qualifications in hv switching
- Have experience in pyrometry
- Be trained in 17th edition
- Have experience in crane maintenance
- Have experience of working at height
- Be able to effectively use a computer to basic ms office applications
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|