Zenith People are working with our client who are a Manufacturer looking to recruit an experienced, time-served Electrical biased Facilities Engineer on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Team Leader, you will be required to support all engineering operations.
The role responsibilities:
- Provide guidance/support in fault finding/problem diagnosis in order to rectify equipment breakdowns and performance problems.
- To respond to breakdown situations in a timely manner in order to minimise Production downtime and maximise production and efficiency.
- To install and commission new plant equipment
- Support electrical breakdowns and repairs across site.
- Generate planned electrical maintenance programmes for all electrical systems and services.
- Review and modify planned maintenance task instructions, ensuring the compliance with all relevant statutory safety requirements.
- Establish and maintain electrical service contracts with specialised external agencies.
- Provide direct supervision for engineering services contractors.
- Carry our risk assessments and produce method statements for all work carried out on electrical systems.
- Provide technical support and represent the interests of the Engineering Services Department during validation and project implementation.
- Generate policies, procedures and work instructions for the operation and maintenance of all electrical equipment.
- To review the use of electrical energy on site, making recommendations for usage/cost reductions.
- The optimisation and operation of the facilities equipment
- To ensure efficient execution of all Engineering activities required to maximise operational performance while adhering to standards required
- Working as part of the flexible team completing any given task to maximise performance, for example general repairs and assisting with wider manufacturing engineering activities across the plant (but not inclusive).
- To ensure that all plant and equipment is safe to operate in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation.
The Person we are looking for:
- Qualified in Electrical engineering.
- Essential: City & Guilds 2382 18th Edition Wiring Regulations or equivalent.
- Desirable: Electrical Test and Inspection certification.
- Experience working in a facilities engineering environment.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation regarding safe working practices.
- Experience investigating performance and quality issues.
- Exposure to Continuous improvement and lean techniques.
- A proactive mind-set with the ability to work effectively within a team understanding how your role within the company can have a huge impact on the larger business.
- You will have a ‘can-do’ flexible approach.
- Previous experience in the role of Facilities Engineer within Fast Moving Manufacturing
If you are a time-served Electrical Facilities Engineer and would like to be considered for this role, please click apply now.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£50,000 - £52,000|