Zenith People are working closely with our client who are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineer with a background in R&D on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to design and develop new or improved electrical and electronic control systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to take the technical lead on the development of electrical and controls for products through all TRL levels. This will include compiling and analysing experimental data with recorded and summarised results to stakeholders.
The role responsibilities:
- To develop specifications, or to interpret customer specifications, and translate them into development work packages.
- To design, develop, and test products through all Technical Readiness Levels (TRL).
- To ensure products are developed in line with appropriate standards to a production level.
- To ensure activities are undertaken with appropriate safety controls and best practices.
- To ensure tests are planned and conducted in line with the latest safety regulations and best practices.
- To successfully deliver project goals within the project agreed timescales.
- To report project progress to the business.
- To develop solutions to the required safety, performance, and reliability standards.
- Coordinate the delivery of electrical and controls development through all TRL levels.
- Provide guidance, direction, reviews/checks of team peer engineering work.
- Planning of personal day to day workload and prioritising such work.
The person we’re looking for:
- Engineering degree or equivalent + 5 years of experience
- Proven experience working on successful project teams
- The ability to devise and apply novel methodologies and techniques to solve complex problems based on sound theoretical fundamentals.
- Analog/digital circuit design experience.
- Knowledge of PCB design fundamentals.
- Embedded software design experience.
- PLC knowledge including familiarity of industrial control interfaces.
- System/product design experience.
- Product requirements definition, design, and validation experience.
- EMC fundamentals/EMC design & test experience.
- Product safety fundamentals.
- Knowledge/experience of regulatory compliance requirements (CE/UKCA/UL).
- Proficient with relevant technical software in addition to MS Office products.
- Must be willing to travel and work offsite in the UK and abroad at short notice if required.
If are an experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineer and would like to be considered for this role please click apply now.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£40,000 - £50,000|