Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their rapidly growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining our client’s infrastructure and ensuring that it can scale to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
Our client is looking for a DevOps specialist who can advise them on what scalable architecture looks like and put together migration and monitoring plans for their infrastructure. You should also be comfortable advising the business on security best practices to help them meet the rigorous standards of our growing list of enterprise clients.
This is a dual-role that will require you to work with our client and their sister agency, keeping their client sites running and their SaaS accessibility services operating globally.
We’re looking for a self-starter with deep sector expertise and a willingness to get stuck in and make their technology stack the very best it can be, supported by a first-class team in a rapidly growing technology company.
The role responsibilities:
- Maintaining existing Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) based server environments
- Rolling out new server architectural requirements as needed by the organisation
- Maintaining data center relationships
- Owning, designing, and planning new highly available infrastructure
- Working with the junior DevOps engineer in a training and development capacity
- Working with existing DevOps automation pipelines and devising new ones
- Getting the company to a place where everything is as automated as possible and everything is driven through IAC. They have already started this journey; they need you to take it to the next level
- Working with their Information Security Officer and Data Protection Officer to ensure maximum security posture across our environments.
- Monitoring the performance of their servers and applications
The person we’re looking for:
- Solid knowledge of Linux based server environments, particularly Debian based ones, and proven commercial experience in the area (min 5 years)
- Strong understanding of networking around physical infrastructure
- Keen eye for security
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline creation and management
- Used to working with bare metal servers as well as VPS solutions
- Ability to write solid technical documentation
- Knowledge of Ansible and Terraform
- Solid knowledge of containerization using Docker (ideally including docker-compose and docker swarm)
- Knowledge of Github actions
- Knowledge of GCP and AWS would be beneficial, although we’re not looking for a cloud specialist
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- 22 Annual days holiday plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to work with a close-knit, motivational team in an established global company
- Top-end tech
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working allocation if based in the office
- 10 days workcation
- Social events
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||IT and Digital|
|Salary||£60,000 - £80,000|