Zenith People have an exciting opportunity to join a national company at their offices in Durham.
The primary role of the Data Protection and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Manager is to ensure that our client processes personal data of all employees, customers, providers or any other individuals in compliance with the applicable data protection rules. You will also be responsible for the successful delivery and analysis of the environmental and sustainability data to enable the business to fulfil its social and environmental commitments.
The role responsibilities:
- Monitor the company’s compliance with the GDRP ie: collect information to identify processing activities, analyse and check the compliance of processing activities. Inform, advise and issue recommendations.
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA), decide whether or not to carry out a DPIA;
- You should act as a contact point for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing, including the prior consultation referred to in Article 36 of the GDPR and consult, where appropriate.
- You must have due regard to the risk associated with the processing operations, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing.
- To maintain a record of processing operations and or maintain a record of all categories of processing activities carried out on behalf of the company
- Create inventories and hold a register of processing operations based on information provided by the various departments within the company
- Create new policies on data protection based on a firm understanding of the regulation and our company function
- Assist, prepare evidence and deliver audits for their ISO systems
- Produce management reports on our data security and report any breaches.
- Deliver regular compliance checks.
- Produce and deliver Company training on data protection.
- Collect, verify and monitor all ESG data from the company’s operations
- Produce ESG reporting/ Weekly/ Monthly/ Annual basis.
- Assist, prepare evidence and deliver audits for our ESG commitments.
- Provide relevant training to secure and maintain data integrity
- Deliver the company’s sustainability requirements and compliance, including Key Performance Indicators and GHG calculations
- Help inform the company’s performance against policies, and guidelines related to all aspects of ESG and sustainability
The person we’re looking for:
- Knowledge and understanding of the GDPR (with a desire to become an expert) – Training will be provided by the company
- Experience in a legal, audit or risk management role
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Have a broad understanding of strategic environmental and compliance planning in relation to driving environmental improvements across the business with a desire to become an expert – Training will be provided by the company.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of environmental and sustainability strategies
- Experience in managing Data and Analytics regarding key corporate ESG reporting
- Organised, inquisitive and detail-orientated with strong technical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand and resolve data errors easily
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000|