Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Construction Estimator/QS based in Billingham. This is a permanent position and they are looking for candidates to carry out the following duties:
The role responsibilities:
- QS / estimate mainly hospital ward refurbishments and remedial works.
- Calculate how much projects will cost, taking into account labour, material and equipment requirements and managing these costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub contractors and suppliers.
- Complete tender documents for submission.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts and other documentation.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Travelling to and from site.
The person we’re looking for::
- A Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, engineering, management, or equivalent.
- QS/Estimating experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence and own transport.
- Experience of working on NHS projects.
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a team.
- The ability to negotiate.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Customer Focus.
- Car allowance: £5,000
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.