This is an excellent opportunity to join an established manufacturing business in South Shields. Working in a small team, you will provide support to the Financial Controller in all areas of the Finance Department.
The role responsibilities:
- Daily maintenance of cashbook for all currency accounts and associated bank reconciliations.
- Monthly reporting of financial results for all divisions (CSE/IMI), including
- MRJ10 for IMI results
- Budget vs Actual overhead statements
- Preparation of statutory accounts and tax pack.
- Journal preparation and submission. Includes monthly standard journals, accruals journals, and direct labour cost journals.
- Preparation of the monthly Flash report.
- Reporting of Capital Expenditure.
- Monthly reconciliations of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- VAT Return (quarterly).
- CDS reporting.
- National Statistics returns.
- Assist with budget preparation and year-end Audit.
- Full cover for payroll, accounts receivable & accounts payable.
- Processing of re-charge invoices (inter-co commissions, non-SAFT UK staff, other expenses).
- Business month-end management reporting including scrap, labour efficiencies and inventory days.
- Consignment Stock reporting.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as when required which may not be listed above to meet business needs.
The person we’re looking for:
- Minimum of AAT qualified.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within accountancy and payroll.
- Excellent team working skills, as you will be a member of a small team, with a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to adapt to various levels and deal with conflicting situations, confidently and professionally.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and plan ahead and meet targets.
- Problem solving skills are required, as well as an ability to communicate issues and corrective actions to management.
- IT literate; familiar with MS Office Applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ERP systems.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Salary||£25,000 - £28,000|