We are currently working with a large manufacturing site who are looking for an Area Production Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have excellent manufacturing experience, with the drive and ambition to continuously develop their career.
The role responsibilities:
- Management of a team of 4 direct and circa 50 indirect reports operating on a shift basis
- Using Lean tools to drive continuous improvement activity across the business
- Standardise processes and systems across shop floor management
- Ensuring the team are working towards set KPIS including Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Responsible for the leadership, development, and motivation of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve business KPIs using PDP’s.
- Using problem solving tools to daily issues
- Coaching and development of other staff
The person we’re looking for:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Previous experience of managing a team within a volume manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques
- Implementation of Lean tools including SMED, JIT, 5S, TPM
- IT literate, with knowledge of MS office
- Ability to communicate with people at all level
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Job Category||Engineering and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£45,000 - £50,000|