This is an excellent opportunity to work for a volume manufacturing business. In this role, you will provide business advice and guidance to the leadership team and wider organisation, and help the division achieve its strategic and operational goals.
The role responsibilities:
- To lead and develop the Finance team to support the broader business
- Close collaboration with the manufacturing team to ensure manufacturing transactions are financially correct and complete
- Providers information to ensure effective financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Be a strong business partner to the Business Unit Manager, Operations Manager and location management by providing advice and information to support the efficient management of the location, and help achieve the locations long and short terms goals.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of financial results, financial statements, scorecards, midyear reviews, forecasts, budgeting and standard costing
- Process and monitor all capital expenditure justifications and submissions
- Development and maintaining of annual standard costs – include rates, timings and routings
- Assisting with financial advice and control over the manufacturing process from a cost accounting perspective
- Ensure all internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley controls) are in place, that they are effective and efficient
- Ensure all companies polices are effectively implemented. Ensure accounting practises are carried out in accordance with current US GAAP standards.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Financial shared service centre and Sales companies
- Effective leadership of the location finance team.
- Actively manages the development of the finance team, ensuring that team member has the appropriate finance knowledge to competently carry out their role
The person we’re looking for:
- Qualified to degree level in a business/finance qualification
- At least partial completion of professional finance qualification, with intention to complete – CIMA or ACCA
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill which allow the job holder to influence and persuade at all levels within the organisation
- Strong commercial focus with good analytical and problem solving skills is required
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative either alone or as part of the team working to and achieving strict timescales
- Previous experience of cost accounting with a manufacturing environment to a defined procedures, rules and policies
- Ability and willingness to continually expand and develop professional financial knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of systems used within the finance team (JD Edwards, MS Office)
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, Sox IFRS etc
- Previous experience of managing a team is preferred#
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People Ltd may share your details with the end client at the shortlist stage. If you have the relevant skills and the drive to enhance your career, we would love to speak with you. Apply now or give us a call – 0191 428 6444.
|Salary||£50,000 - £60,000|