My North East based client are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer who can join their team, dealing with 2nd line work and also moving into 3rd line projects.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established and growing business in the region, and to work with various clients and technologies.
– Provide professional IT support and troubleshooting to clients via telephone, remote support and onsite visits
– Diagnose and fix critical IT issues within company SLA’s
– Manage escalated tickets from 1st line team
– Liaise directly and competently with clients regarding technical issues ensuring clients are satisfied with the resolution
– Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to escalations manager
– Technically assist and mentor the junior technical teams
– Assist with 3rd line project work
– Continue learning and develop skills through training opportunities.
– At least 3 yrs experience in IT
– Managed Service Provider experience would be an advantage
– Good understanding of technologies such as DHCP, DNS, GPO, ADDS, Exchange, networking (routing and switching), virtualisation (Hyper-V and VMware), storage, backup and cloud technologies (Azure, Office365)
– Dealing with 3rd party vendors (eg SAGE, solidworks, quickbooks etc)
– Previous field experience is essential
– Project management; server/email migration experience would be an advantage
– Excellent communication skills with clients via telephone, email and face to face
– Ability to communicate with clients effectively, jargon free
– Excellent documentation/recording skills
– Able to work well as part of a team and individually
– Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
– To display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision-making process
– Highly motivated
– A desire to improve and promote quality within the service
– Adhering to service policy, processes and procedures
– Punctual, reliable, friendly and a team player
– If you have the above skills and expertise and are looking for a new exciting opportunity please forward your CV.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People LTD may share your details with end client at shortlist stage.