We are working on behalf of our client who is an industry leader in the Subsea, Renewables and Oil Gas sector for a Mechanical Engineer with experience of Ansys on a permanent basis
You will be joining a multi discipline team on commercial projects. This role is to verify the structural integrity of hardware to relevant internal, international and client driven standards; including approval level responsibility. Provide engineering support to commercial projects as an assigned structural engineer and to provide technical support and knowledge sharing to the wider engineering disciplines.
Specification reviewing, assessment against internal standards and approval of project specific hardware design basis and project procurement specifications, where required. Verify the structural integrity umbilical hardware to relevant internal, international and client driven standards through generation of the necessary hand and FEA calculation packages specific to the hardware type / design, including approval level responsibility. Tasks include, but not limited to:
– Subsea Equipment
– Subsea Termination Interface assemblies
– Clamp Design – Mid-water arch, Tether, horizontal hold back
– Geotechnical survey review, mudmat sizing and assessment
– Hang-off terminations
– Manual Bend stiffener latch mechanisms
– Testing hardware
– Technical drawing checking and approval
– Cross team verification of reports, calculations and hardware design.
– Assigned to a specific project manufacturing administration team, offer technical support and guidance through design reviews, internal and external clarification meetings and risk reviews both on project and during fabrication/procurement phases
– Managing technical risk on assigned projects with support from functional support leads; both Manufacturing function support leads and Engineering support leads – Supporting other junior members of the discipline on day to day queries
– May be assigned to mentor more junior members of the engineering team
– Ensuring work is completed according to agreed guidelines, design rules and procedures in a timely and efficient manner
– Highlighting required updates of design rules to discipline TA and ensuring deviation from standard design rules and procedure are carried out in accordance with company change control procedures
– Ensure that department and company QHS&E objectives and targets are met
– Assistance with tasks associated with department administration and project management.
– Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline – preferably Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Structural Engineering.
– Minimum of 5 years general structural engineering background (essential).
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience of the offshore industry
– Proficient in Microsoft office tool such as word, excel and PowerPoint
– Working experience with engineering tool such as MathCAD or equivalent.
– Working experience in Finite Element Analysis Tools: Ansys (workbench), Abaqus, SpaceClaim
– Working experience of design tools such as: AutoCAD, Inventor
– Working experience of industry standards relating to offshore hardware design and subsea industry such as DNV, API and Norsok.
– Salary negotiable between 35k-40k depending upon experience
– Excellent pension scheme
– Bonus Scheme
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People LTD may share your details with end client at shortlist stage.