Zenith People are proudly representing a national organisation on their search for a Region Membership Manager to be based in the North East of England. The organisation offers a range of services to manufacturing and engineering companies.
– To be an integrated member of the membership and sales team working closely with the in-region and central sales teams and colleagues in marketing and the operational business units
– Maximise the referral of sales opportunities with core members and with member companies to the organisation’s sales team whilst dispensing membership duties,
– Acquire new core members in-region, leveraging local networks as appropriate,
– Ensure the company’s sales team identify and introduce operational managers in subscription service members to the Membership team
– Assist the sales team in connecting the various elements of the organisation’s commercial offerings (training, consultancy, Venues, Advantages, etc.) to maximise leads for the sales team to chase.
– Maximise the acquisition of new members and qualify opportunities to cross sell services where appropriate
– Identify and flag up potential Affiliate Partners and other commercial partners in the region to the RD and then to use these relationships as a platform for new member acquisition#
– Where required, conduct research on behalf of members to find and qualify business opportunities
Member Engagement and Retention
– To co-ordinate the “onboarding” of new members to ensure that we are delivering against their expectations focusing in particular on members in their first 12 months of membership (turning them into activist members),
– To engage proactively with members, via telephone, on-line, 1-2-1 visits and events, to ensure that members are aware of the full range of services and feel they are getting value from their membership, those members considered “at risk” (low usage, service issues, change of primary contact, business challenges, etc.)
– To provide intelligence and hands-on regional focus for the company and Key Accounts.
– To highlight potential service issues where identified, working with the Sales and Business Unit teams, helping to address potential risks of resignation and working with the wider team and the “pending resignation” members to reverse their decision to leave
– To work with the Finance team to ensure that membership fees in the region are collected in fully and in a timely manner
– Working closely with the company’s Corporate Centre and the RD, manage a range of networking events in the region, targeted at both members and prospective members, including Member Connect events, HR and CEO forums, special interest groups, and inputting to HR and HSE briefings, etc.
– Manage, coordinate and lead ‘meet the buyer’ events for members
– To work closely with the company’s National Policy, Comms and Public Affairs team, and their appointed regional ‘champion’ from that team, representing the relevant region and ensuring understanding of the unique challenges, issues and opportunities in-region.
– To maximise member engagement via regional member events and by ensuring that regional members are involved in the company’s briefings, delegations, lunches, dinners, etc.
– To ensure that the companies national policy activity and policy wins are communicated back to members in the region and that members understand the implications of upcoming legislative changes
– To raise the influence within the region, working together with the Regional Director on key stakeholders and influencers (MPs, MEPs, LEPs, local authorities, Catapults, BIS Local, business support organisations, etc.). Seeking to create a more favourable environment for manufacturing and engineering within the region
– To identify potential sources of business support available both nationally and regionally, ensuring that members in the region are aware of these and helping members to access them
– Degree level education, ideally in a relevant subject (business studies, economics, politics, engineering, etc.)
– At least 5 years broad-based business experience that has encompassed business development, account management/customer service, marketing and, ideally, external affairs
– A sound understanding of manufacturing and engineering, ideally with a period working within the manufacturing sector in a technical and/or commercial role
– Ideally, a sound understanding of the defence and security industry and their complex and often global supply chains
– A good understanding of the business environment in the region with a strong personal network within the region
– Experience of building relationships with strategic partners; experience of working with the media
– Previous experience of working for a membership organisation would be helpful, but is not essential
– Ability to work alone and manage own work loads, reporting into the regional Director
– Highly competitive salary
– Career progression
– £3,500 car allowance
– Excellent organisation