We are working with our client who is a leading CNC business based in Bishop Auckland.
They are looking to add a Quality Technician to the team looking to progress into a more Quality Engineer based position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career with a global business.
We are looking for someone who has all round experience within quality. We require experience of auditing, PPAP, CI, process capability etc. An Automotive background would give a good advantage.
– To deliver front line monitoring and control of quality in both parts made in house and purchased, to ensure that customer expectations are achieved
– To ensure actions required to maintain product quality are identified, communicated to and applied to all relevant areas of the business
– Champion a culture of reasoned corrective action and continuous improvement
– Collate and analyse data for internal and external non-conformance reports (NCRs) to drive improvement activity (preventive & corrective action)
– Lead timely and effective 8D corrective action and root cause analysis, when non-conformances are identified
– Liaise with external suppliers regarding non-conformances ensuring corrective actions are effectively implemented
– Conduct final inspection of in-house machined parts and patrol inspection.
– Conduct internal auditing of process and assisting with external auditing of suppliers
– Assist the R & D Manager with process failure mode effect analysis (PFMEA) and process capability analysis
– Perform qualification inspection of new subcontracted parts or suppliers
– Develop inspection methods and facilities to be efficient and fit for purpose
– Supervision of calibration activities to ensure all equipment is maintained to the standard required
– Verify finished product for release approval and to issue certificates of conformity (CoC)
– Have experience of working in an engineering / manufacturing environment in an inspection or quality role
– Be able to interpret engineering drawings
– Experience in using a large variety of measurement equipment including CMM
– Experience of ISO9001 is essential and of IATF 16949 is an advantage
– A knowledge of statistical quality control techniques would be an advantage
– Ability to generate and collate good quality cohesive reports and documentation