We are working with our client who are a bespoke fabrication company in the search for a quality engineer. This position would be ideal for an established Quality Engineer or a Quality Technician looking to make the next steps in their career.
– Ownership of the fabrication and manufacturing inspection process and proactively monitor its effectiveness.
– Assist in the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001:2015
– Monitor and have responsibility for NCRs and CAPA and actively support the business in the raising, reviewing and confirming the effectiveness of any actions introduced.
– Providing monthly reports on quality performance to the QHSE Manager
– To manage the calibration process to ensure that all appropriate equipment is calibrated and available for use.
– Develop and implement quality procedures, work instructions standard operating procedures and train others in their use.
– Support the QHSE Manager and Purchasing Director in the monitoring and development of the supply chain to continuously improve standards.
– Collaboratively working with other departments within Unit 1 (Assembly) and Unit 2 (Fabrication) to ensure all compliance obligations are met and raise quality concerns at the earliest stage possible.
– Liaise with other stakeholders regarding the rejection of non-conforming materials and product.
– Ensure relevant health & safety and environmental policies, procedures and working methods are always being followed.
– 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
– Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and appreciation of other industry recognised standards including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
– Skills in both verbal and written communication, negotiation, report writing and presentations
– Willingness to challenge norms and drive change, whilst demonstrating high levels of tenacity, positivity and calmness when facing resistance.
– Experienced / certified QMS internal auditor
– Knowledge of personal computers and current software packages
– Experience in welding as a Responsible Welding Co-ordinator (or Deputy) highly desirable.