We are working with our client who are a leading plastic products manufacturer in the search for a Quality Manager. Experience in a “Clean room” style environment is preferred for this role due to the nature of the product.
This role is to continually improve the overall production levels of the facility through process improvements and inspections.
– By reference to the Company Strategy and objectives, prepare and agree with the Operations Director annual objectives for the QC department and ensure that these plans are effectively communicated, implemented and performance against them measured
– Responsibility for preparation and adherence to annual financial budgets for the QC department
– Effectively manage and develop staff as part of the continual improvement of the company
– Monitoring and analysing the quality and delivery of incoming raw materials and providing feedback on supplier performance to the Buyer
– Measure, analyse and improve product quality throughout the entire manufacturing process, from receipt of raw materials to release of sterile product
– Review and approval of new and revised documentation relating to manufacturing processes
– Manage and motivate the team ensuring performance reviews are carried out
– Complete individual analysis of training and development needs of the departmental staff
– Plan and institute such training as necessary for all personnel to meet the needs of the business
– Keep in contact with other departmental members of the company to ensure good lines of communication are maintained
– Ensure adherence to the Health & Safety Policy for department staff and report any breaches.
– At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
– Hold a degree in a relevant field such as microbiology or something closely related
– Understand clean room and sterilization processes
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Able to delegate to staff within a department