We are working with our client who is a leading engineering company working across multiple industries and primarily the food sector at the moment in the search for a Project Engineer.
Candidates with experience working in the food sectors are preferred for this position.
The primary function of the role is to successfully coordinate sub-contractors and deliver effective products and services to clients whilst maintaining the project integrity ensuring it stays on time and under budget.
– To be aware of all Company Policies, Procedures & Standards and ensure that you implement them in every aspect of your duties, either in our office or on clients site.
– To ensure that you adopt all client Polices, Procedures & Standards and ensure that you implement them in every aspect of your duties. Where conflict occurs between client and company protocols advise your Line Manager in each case. Normally on a client’s site, their protocols will prevail.
– To provide quotations to existing customers and assist the management team in developing new clients in existing fields of activity and develop new clients.
– To assist and support the team as and when required for office and site based locations.
– To plan and organise projects, establish key information at kick off meetings, brief out to personnel involved in the project key objectives around programme and financial limitations
– Monitor progress of projects, report to PM or EM regularly on issues related to programme and financial status
– To provide support to the operation and to assist in problem solving concerning quality, environmental and Health & Safety issues throughout the Company
– To provide advice and expertise in the assessment of suppliers, complaint investigations and troubleshooting. To assess suppliers and to work with suppliers to improve their performance in terms of cost, suitability, quality, environmental and health & safety.
– To assist with the management of Customer complaints to solve any related customer problems
– To assist with the management of Non-conformances and Incidents to solve any related company problems
– To liaise with the Company Managers regarding the effectiveness of the Company and to maintain a quality of products and service above and beyond that which other companies offer
– To be responsible for their actions regarding the health and safety of themselves and other employees with particular responsibility for those directly involved with the activities of the jobholders
– 3+ Years experience in a similar role
– Experience in the food sector preferred
– Skills both verbal and written communication, negotiation, report writing and presentations.
– Knowledge of Management System Standard ISO 9001
– Understanding of quality, environmental and health and safety management.
– Knowledge of personal computers and current software packages.
– Relevant Engineering qualification such as degree