We are working on behalf of our client who is an industry leader in the Subsea, Renewables and Oil & Gas sector for a Project Engineer on a permanent basis.
You will be an integral member of the team to undertake project engineering of supply contracts and to manage the daily operational engineering activities of the allocated projects. Provide project management support to the Project Manager in all project administrative activities. In addition, to provide operational feedback into the Engineering Department to enable the Engineering Manager to make informed decisions regarding design changes and improvements
– Operational engineering including; review and interpretation of Client requirements; preparation/co-ordination of project documentation (specifications, analyses, drawings, design calculations, design reports, design plans, procedures, work packages);
– Commercial management of project including; cost control; variation control; invoicing; cash flow projections; financial reporting; import/export issues; risk management
– Compilation of tender/bid documentation
– Assist in the review of contractual requirements, clarification and resolution of ambiguities and dissemination of the companies obligations and scope of work to other functional departments
– Assist in progress planning and reporting as required by the company and the Client. Communication of potential/actual constraints to progress; accurate recording of Client caused delay; general concerns regarding QHS&E issues, engineering or other operational issues.
– Contribution and participation in the improvement, development and implementation of company quality and management procedures Identify, participate, monitor and co-ordinate activities, equipment and materials associated with Health, Safety and Environmental considerations within the areas of the job holder’s responsibility.
– Degree qualified, preferably Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline
– The position calls for a broad theoretical and practical knowledge relating to varied aspects of mechanical design and manufacture.
– Experience of electric cable design, hydraulics, pipelines, flexible flowlines, structural engineering would be very advantageous. Offshore oil and gas contracting experience would also be useful but not essential.
– Experience of computerised systems, including mathematical/spreadsheet software is necessary (Microsoft Office Word & Excel)
– Competitive Salary 32-36k
– Flexible working
– Annual Bonus Scheme
– Healthcare Scheme
– Holiday Scheme