We are proudly representing a client who sell and distribute a range of products for the food and beverage industry. Due to recent expansion they are looking to recruit a Production Leader / Manager to join a small management team. Reporting into the Managing Director you will be responsible for setting up and developing the production area, driving standards, quality, performance and safety on the shop floor. The employer offers a good salary in a day shift role.
– To establish clear production plans through reviewing orders, patterns and historical trends, and taking in mind the limitations and capacities of the production plant
– To oversee quality control of all production, with particular reference to all food safety aspects, in particular HACCP controls, traceability and non-conformance management
– To ensure the team follow clear and simple SOP’s in the operation, and record accurately and diligently all relevant production and quality information
– To ensure waste is minimised through the operation, and to instil a lean approach to the operation, with waste, efficiency and customer service at the heart of the operation
– To ensure a small are skilled to undertake all production tasks, and that regular training and refreshers are scheduled to update best practice and skills.
– To mentor and develop the team through clear and concise communications about the business, performance and be proactive in working with the team to identify and implement performance improvements.
– Previous experience working in a similar role in a food production environment – Essential you will have experience of working to BRC standards
– Engaging and charismatic personality, with team leadership experience in a food manufacturing position
– Driven by results and a desire to continually improve performance
– Relentless in managing standards and quality across the whole process
– A strong level of verbal and written communication skill
– Comfortable with shop floor communications, management meetings, customer interaction and other interaction as needed