We are proudly representing our blue chip manufacturing client in their search for a Production Manager. The position will focus on the leadership and development of a volume production, whilst maintaining excellent site standards, conditions and best practice. If you are looking to join a market leading employer with a great reputation, please apply immediately.
– To ensure the highest levels of utilisation in order to meet site KPI’s
– Oversee all production activity within the factory, monitoring progress against production targets to ensure customers receive their products on time and to the required standard
– To analyse and improve production processes to make optimal use of production resources.
– To identify and implement improvement projects focused on quality and production efficiency
– To address issues relating to ‘down time’ and taking action to recover volume shortages
– Consistently monitoring employee’s development, training, disciplines, illness and overtime
– Collate all production information highlighting and resolving issues.
– Minimise production waste and looking for ways to improve production quality, speed and methods
– To assist with recruitment, development and training, identifying and planning training activity and monitoring progress
– Implement corrective action in the event of machine breakdown/quality issues
– To contribute and participate in company improvement activities
– To carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
– The Ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role in a volume manufacturing environment
– Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen, Kanban etc) to deliver improved production
– High Level of communication skills to speak to all levels of staff in the business
– Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations