We are working with our client in the search for a CNC Programmer to join the team on a permanent basis.
The CNC Programmer will create drawings and CNC programs using the provided CAD/CAM software and coding language. Determine the most efficient and effective manufacturing process for producing parts from the tooling through to the finished product and write the appropriate code. Work with shop floor colleagues to conduct post implementation refinement of programs.
– Generate CNC Programs on Mazak
– Design Fixtures and Special Tooling for use on parts
– Produce part models using Alphacam Part Modeller
– Draw Wireframe parts using Alphacam or CAD/CAM
– Ability to perform online programming (at a machine control)
– Troubleshoot machining related issues (tool, manufacturing process, or mechanical)
– Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
– Control the handling of CNC programs from the server to CNC machines
– Monitor, document, and control any changes made to CNC programs
– Needs to have a general understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings
– Knowledge of types of tooling for variety of materials
– Knowledge of gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
– Continuous Improvement mentality.