Our client is a large manufacturing business with sites across the UK. They are currently looking for an NPD Engineer to join their expanding team.
- Delivery of projects to agreed launch dates
- Leadership of cross-functional teams to deliver projects
- Ownership of the staged development process to deliver the project
- Working with external customers or sales to qualify the project scope
- Project planning and reporting progress at progress meetings
- Investigation of competitor advancements and potentially disruptive technologies, involvement with internal and external collaborators to solve technical issues in project delivery
- Continuous improvement of the delivery process to ensure quicker times to market
- Facilitate problem solving activities
- Create finished product specifications for customers
- Lead and support new product development to achieve business breakthrough objectives
- Work independently to develop new and improved patentable solutions
- Lead and manage projects to improve cost and standardisation of manufacturing processes, products and purchased components.
- Monitor current legislative regulations and directives to ensure new and existing product compliance.
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject or demonstrable experience
- Competent in problem solving approaches & design of experiments
- Able to work without direct supervision and as part of a team
- Project leadership &/or management experience
- Understand data generated, draw conclusions and recommend the next course of action
- Ability to write technical reports and present data to senior management
- Project planning to deliver against a deadline
- Competent with Microsoft Office packages
- Fully understand SPC for the creation of process limits