Zenith People are proudly representing our national manufacturing client in their search for Mechanical Design Engineer. The Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the development of strategic Product Roads working within a team creating innovative solutions for new product. If you are looking to join an employer of choice, please apply immediately.
– Understand customer needs, translating those into innovative engineering solutions
– Work closely within multi-disciplined teams to ensure customer requirements are achieved and projects are delivered on time, cost and quality
– Develop test plans for new and existing product to ensure the product meets customer needs
– Design reviews on new product designs
– Developing design concepts which comply with legislative requirements
– Undertake detailed analysis of components and products identifying cost reduction, product improvement and warranty reduction opportunities within the Business
– Involvement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
– Any other reasonable duties as requested.
– Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
– Experience of handling multiple tasks/projects
– Experience in a 3D design package, ideally Inventor, and also using a 2D software package
– Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials as they relate to design and manufacturing
– Development of test plans
– Structured Problem Solving capabilities
– Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative