We are representing our volume manufacturing client in their search for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician. They are looking for the right candidate to provide a pro-active approach to the prevention of equipment failure and scheduled maintenance is carried out as planned. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, please apply immediately. The role will be a 4 month contract with the possibility of going permanent.
– Identify and analyse problems before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up.
– Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM’s are highlighted to the Lead engineer
– Carry out work assignments issued by Lead engineer and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
– Provide support to the team during breaks and absences and work together to ensure completion of their duties.
– Resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
– Follow all work instructions, procedures, job descriptions at all times.
– Ensure that all Work Orders, PM’s issued to the shift are completed.
– Provide the Lead Engineer with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM’s completed and other details as required.
– Previous food processing industry experience highly desirable
– Mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
– 2 Years’ experience of working in an automated production environment.
– Knowledge of PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control, instrumentation