Zenith People are currently recruiting for an internationally recognised Automotive Manufacturing Company named Magna Exteriors who have launched a brand-new facility situated between Washington and Sunderland with very good transport links.
Magna Exteriors assemble and supply Exterior Trims world-wide to the automotive Industry.
Zenith People are actively looking for ambitious and hardworking FLT Drivers who are seeking long term work with real potential for personal development and progression.
A forklift assessment will be carried out during the selection process. Candidates will be assessed on all aspects of FLT driving. Full training will be provided on aspects highlighted below that you may be unfamiliar with.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities:
- Operation of Counterbalance forklift truck
- Undertaking pre checks on FLT and completing relevant documentation
- Strict adherence to speed limits
- Creating transfer requests & fulfilling transfer orders
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures (SOPs) are followed
- Line side & Goods in loading/off loading
- Safely stacking of containers
- Checking deliveries against advice notes
- Prioritize stock accuracy across & support with stock takes
- To pick & pack parts to internal/external specifications
- Scanning material via RF scanner
- Maintaining FIFO
- Conforming to risk assessments
- Ensure all safe working procedures are followed
- Keep plant and site to a high level of 5s
- Contribute to the logistics team to ensure goals are met daily
- Raise any issues in a timely manner
- Must be able to learn and carry out many roles in the logistics function
- Raise any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Exercise MAFACT adherence & visual standards.
- Demonstrate good timekeeping & disciplinary record.
- Ensure a safe working environment & excellent housekeeping standards
- Other duties commensurate to the role
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements within manufacturing
- Counterbalance FLT License and/or Tow Tractor)
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Experience of working within a logistics function is desirable
- Computer literate
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to complete documentation clearly & accurately
Candidates must be available to work a two-shift pattern highlighted below:
Monday to Thursday – 06:30am – 15:00pm
Friday – 06:30am – 12:00pm
Monday to Thursday – 15:00pm – 23:30pm
Friday – 14:00pm – 21:30pm
- The shift rate will be applied to both shifts for any staff working the rotating shift pattern and this is paid at £10.21 per hour.