We are proudly representing our national manufacturing client who are looking to recruit a General Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day running of the company ensuring quotations are effectively handled and orders fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner. If you are looking to join an employer of choice, please apply immediately.
- Day-to-day production of manufacturing instructions to ensure fulfilment of orders
- Day-to-day production of shipping documentation
- Stock control, ordering, price control and payment for all raw materials, components and consumables
- Covering the roles of Production Supervisor and Sales Engineer in their absence
- Maintenance and procurement of capital equipment
- Conducting monthly communication meetings with all staff, utilising KPIs
- Assisting Sales & Applications Engineer with more complex enquiries to include new component design
- Overall responsibility of Quality and Health & Safety systems to ISO standard
- Liaison with centralised HR and Finance departments on a daily basis
- Management of 15-20 semi-skilled operators on a day to day basis.
- The Ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen, Kanban etc) to deliver improved production
- High Level of communication skills to speak to all levels of staff in the business
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations.