Our client is looking for an experienced Gas & Electrical Services Manager to join their expanding team.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of customer focussed gas and electrical services, organising and co-ordinating programmes of work across maintenance and compliance workstreams, overseeing subcontractor delivery to ensure high levels of performance, productivity, quality and cost-effective services.
- You’ll provide continuous improvement and service innovation with positive outcomes for all customers, colleagues and stakeholders, delivering high quality and compliant services through effective line management of gas and electrical supervisors.
- Provide dynamic leadership of internal teams and effective management of subcontractors and resources.
- Drawing on your strong background in mechanical and gas services you’ll lead the team to undertake high quality gas compliance, servicing, repairs and installations, ensuring implementation and compliance within gas policies and procedures.
- You’ll be the principal point of contact for electrical compliance workstreams, including electrical testing, inspection, repairs, and remedial work, ensuring all contracts drive performance, continuous improvement and innovation.
- You’ll act as the duty holder for Gas Safe and NICEIC registration, ensuring duties are being discharged in line with legislation across maintenance workstreams, assisting in the delivery of in-house training to contractors and staff where required and liaising with professional bodies relevant to electrical and gas safety.
- You will champion health and safety management, ensuring compliance with regulatory health, safety and welfare standards and providing ownership and accountability for high-risk activities.
- You’ll have accountability to monitor and challenge financial performance for your service, providing accurate forecasting and budgetary control to ensure your team are working commercially and have a genuine understanding of how they provide cost effective and value for money services.
- Promote and manage effective use of housing and works order systems, ensuring accurate data recording for all activities from internal teams and contractors, whilst ensuring the customer journey is mapped and that asset management data is used to prolong the life of installations.
- To ensure customer complaints and contractual disputes or issues are investigated and acted upon quickly, sharing learning and observations to prevent recurrence and to strive to get things right first time.
- You’ll recognise accountability where performance has fallen short of the clients expectations
Skills and qualifications:
- HNC/HND level qualification in a building services area and / or extensive operational experience of managing internal teams and sub-contractors at a similar level or position.
- A relevant heating and gas qualification with demonstrable knowledge and experience of gas safety and compliance works.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of electrical compliance in a housing and maintenance environment, with knowledge of processes, legislation and statutory requirements.
- A relevant Health and Safety qualification, with comprehensive experience of managing the Health and Safety of direct teams and sub-contractors, including CDM regulations and all primary compliance with regulations relating to gas and electrical activities.
- Ability to challenge, interpret contracts, data, statistics and insights to identify trends, to drive performance, and to make commercially-sound recommendations for resolution.
- A track record of managing and engaging teams, with the ability to encourage and recognise brilliant performance and contribution, ensure teams demonstrate and live our values, guide and support colleagues to enhance and develop their training needs, skills and experience, and have the confidence to challenge, address and resolve issues of attendance, ability and behaviours.
- Experience of programming, coordinating and monitoring resources engaged in the delivery of maintenance workstreams, including management of sub-contractors within contractual obligations and ensuring statutory & mandatory compliance records and certification are effectively stored and maintained