We are proudly representing our manufacturing client in their search for a Electrical Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for reactive and preventative maintenance across the site. This role will suit someone from a heavy engineering background.
- To maintain plant and equipment, contribute to installation and commissioning of new and upgrade of existing equipment, develop through training and experience, and support development of other engineers. To support colleagues in ensuring improvements
- To work safely at all times observing instructions, procedures, permits, safety systems, lock offs, and other protocols applicable.
- To assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements
- To maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- To systematically establish cause of failure in equipment
- To identify root causes wherever possible and to communicate with relevant personnel.
- To work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken
- To communicate all relevant and necessary information with lead technician, maintenance technician, colleagues or others within the organisation.
- Must be educated to a minimum standard of ONC/OND/HND/HNC/NVQIII or equivalent in Maintenance / Electrical engineering.
- Electrical fault finding
- Heavy engineering electrical maintenance or similar
- Installation and fault finding AC/DC motors
- Single and three phase supplies
- Have experience of a wide range of motors and drives / starters
- Have experience of PLCs and HMIs
- Have experience and suitable qualifications in HV switching
- Have experience in pyrometry
- Trained to 17th edition
- Have experience in crane maintenance
- Have experience of working at height
- Be able to effectively use a computer to basic MS Office applications