Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their growing team as they embark on new and exciting projects.
This is a hugely important role for the organisation and it is an opportunity to join a forward thinking, diverse business on some exciting projects.
Due to Covid this would be a remote based position for the moment, but may change in the future.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Participating in the development of high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions primarily built within the Public Cloud (AWS and Azure) using predominately open source
software to deliver value to the customer and its users.
– Checking relevant metrics and performing platform updates when necessary. This will ensure it is accessible to users, and has capacity for production and deployment
– You will also advise developers on how to use the platform effectively, reviewing and advising on their CI/CD pipelines.
– You may also work to deliver components of new platforms.
Key Skills and Expertise;-
– Commercial experience in a DevOps role
Sufficient experience in following technical skills and processes, relative to their overall DevOps experience (not all are required):
– Code management: GitHub, GitLab
– Scripting: Bash, PowerShell & Python
– Release: Kubernetes Deployment, Drone
– Code quality: SonarQube
– Protective monitoring: Sysdig Secure
– Authentication: Keycloak
– Vulnerability scanning: Anchore
– VPN: OpenVPN based Access-ACP specific (including managing)
– Cloud Solutions: General AWS skills, certified practitioner level minimum
– Support management, metrics, resolution times
– Supporting the improvement of documentation where necessary
– Engaging in ongoing discussions to field live questions regarding services
– Responding to security or operational incidents, feeding back to the iteration of the base services
– General 3rd Line Support, ensuring that pipelines and patching states are actively managed